1th of May – 31st of August 2017
When the Pauliner Monks in the 17. Century started with the reconstruction of their monastery – what was completely destroyed to the ground – their main supporters were the surrounding lords. The Széchényi and the Esterhazy families, as well as the Sopronbánfalvi monastery is intertwined with the history and, like it is today. The Széchenyi Castle in Nagycenk and the Esterházy Castle in Fertőd and our Retreat Centre are all parts of a state institution’s group. Visiting of them allows great opportunity for an excellent cultural and culinary trip.
- Accommodation for 3 nights with gourmet breakfast (homemade granola, fresh baked homemade bread, homemade jams, freshly squeezed juices, cold cuts from the region, Dallmayr coffee, Twinings tea, hot dishes a la carte).
- Welcoming fruits and mineral water in room
- 1 x Eastern monk menu
- 1 x light two-course lunch with free coffee
- 1 x five-course gourmet dinner, welcome drink of champagne
- Yoga meditation cushions and mattresses are available
- Meditation rooms, exercise room and use the monastery park and library
- Pauline historical exhibition, Lajos Szalay exhibition and the exhibition is free to visit
- Wi-Fi access in the lounge and library
- 1 x guided tour of Fertőd Esterházy Castle Museum and 1 x ticket to the Nagycenk Széchenyi István Memorial Museum
Price for 2 nights:
Single room: 230,- Euro
Standard double room (for 2 persons): 390,- Euro
Superior double room (for 2 persons): 420,- Euro
Suite (for 2 persons): 470,- Euro
All our prices are inclusive VAT, tourist tax is exclusive: 1,50 Euro/person/night.
Massage, yoga, meditation, treatments can be booked for a fee.
We are waiting for your kind interest and questions 24 hours a day and the following contacts:
Sopron Monastery Retreat Centre
Phone: (+ 36 99) 505-895, (+ 36 30) 701 2366
Fax: (+ 36 99) 505-896